In 2nd day of the first test match between New Zealand and West Indies. Williamson batted for ten hours and broke many records. Ken Williamson batted for 624 minutes during the innings and scored 251 runs.
Williamson batted for ten hours and broke many records
West Indies team tour’s to New Zealand to play three T20 and two Test matches series. Series first match of T20 was play on Friday November 27 – 2020. New Zealand won the T20 series 2 0. Because third match of the series, finished without any result due to rain. News18 Reports
Test series was started from Thursday December 3, 2020. NZ played good in 1st test match and declare the innings after making 519 runs loss of 7 wickets. In which Ken Williamson batted for more than 10 hours. Ken Williamson batted for 624 minutes during the innings and scored 251. This was the second time when Ken Williamson has played continuously more than 10 hours.
On the second day of the Hamilton Test, New Zealand declared their first innings at 519 runs. By the end of the day’s play, West Indies had scored 49 runs without any loss. In just two days, Williamson set several records.
Ken Williamson Records
- This is Ken Williamson’s highest score in Test cricket. He had earlier played an innings of 242 against Sri Lanka in 2015
- This was Ken Williamson’s third double century in Test cricket.
- Ken Williamson is the ninth New Zealand batsman to score more than 250 runs in an innings. Stephen Fleming had twice before scored more than 250
- Ken Williamson has averaged 144.14 in the last 10 innings at Hamilton’s Sydney Park. During this time he has played an innings of 108 not out, 176, 200 not out and 251 runs.
- This was the second time Ken Williamson had batted for more than 10 hours. Williamson batted for 624 minutes during the innings. Earlier, he batted for 623 minutes against Sri Lanka. During this time he played a not out innings of 242 runs