Adding another cricket format to the world of cricket. South Africa decided to play three teams in one match. This is a new invention by the Cricket Australia. A new three-teams cricket format introduced in the world of cricket in the limited overs format.
three-teams cricket format introduced by cricket Australia
After T20, Supersex, Double Wicket, The Hundred and T10. “Three Team Cricket Format” has added to the cricket. In which one match will played between three teams instead of two and each team will consist of 8 players.
According to Cricket South Africa, the first three-match series will be played on June 27. AB de Villiers, Kagiso Rabada and Quentin de Cock will represent different teams. 24 South African cricketers will be in action in the match and a total of 36 overs will be played. In which 18 overs will be in the first half and the remaining 18 overs will be in the second half.
Each team will consist of 8, 8 players and will bat for 12 overs. Six of the 12 overs will be against one team in the first half and the remaining six overs will be against the next team in the second half. Meanwhile, if seven wickets fall, the eighth player will bat alone. But he will only be able to score runs in fours, sixes or doubles.
Game features rules
- The participating teams will be in three positions.
- Batting side, bowling side and dug out side.
- There will be a draw for these positions in the first half.
- The batting order in the second half will be based on the teams scoring more runs in the first half.
- The match will feature gold, silver and bronze medals.
- The team that scores the most runs will entitled to the gold medal.
- If there is a tie between the two teams, then Super Over will decide for Gold medal.
- And if all three teams are tied, all three teams will be entitled to gold
A new three-teams cricket format introduced in the world of cricket in the limited overs format.